How to Test Your Posture?
To follow up on our post ‘How to sit with better posture’
we wanted to share with you 2 additional tests that you can perform in order to check your posture that we found on About.com:Exercise
The Wall Test
- Stand with the back of your head touching the wall and your heels six inches from the baseboard.
- Stand against the wall and place your hand between your lower back and the wall
- Then place your hand between your neck and the wall
If you are within an inch or two at the low back and two inches at the neck then you are on your way to good posture!
The Mirror Test
1. Stand in front of a full length mirror and look for the following:
- Your Head is straight
- Shoulders are level
- Hips are level
- Kneecaps face the front
- Ankles are straight
2. Now continue to stand in front of mirror and turn to your side - look for the following:
- Head is straight rather than slumped forwards or backwards
- Chin is parallel to the floor
- Shoulders are in line with ears
- Knees are straight
- Slight forward curve to your lower back
**Take notes to determine what you need to work on in order to improve your posture.**
Now that you were able to test your posture you already completed the first step in obtaining better posture. The first step is being aware of your posture! The next step is to determine what you can do in order to improve your posture.
We will be continuing to research this topic and will be including our findings in our next 'Posture' Posting.
Hope this helps!